Dara Wiseman heads the Operations Group in the Office of the City Attorney. She is a member of the City Attorney’s Executive Team. Ms. Wiseman oversees all the infrastructure in the office, from IT, accounting, and claims to payroll, purchasing, and maintenance to human resources and the office’s interface with the public.
“Dara Wiseman’s leadership is the oil that keeps the gears of the City Attorney’s Office running. Dara’s keen instinct for organization and careful oversight of employees, systems, and processes has been a key factor in the success of the entire Oakland City Attorney team.” – City Attorney Barbara J. Parker
Ms. Wiseman has been a City of Oakland employee for 26 years. Prior to joining the Office of the City Attorney, she worked in the personnel divisions of the Oakland Police and Fire Departments and in the Office of the Inspector General.
· Chief Operations Officer, Office of the Oakland City Attorney (2016-present): Leads the office’s Operations Group, is responsible for the smooth, efficient and effective operation of the office including overseeing budget, accounting, information technology, contract management, human resources, and support staff.
· Oakland Police Dept. (1997-2012):
· Neighborhood Services Coordinator (1997-2005): Served as liaison between community stakeholders and Oakland Police Department and other City departments to address crime and quality of life issues.
· Police Performance Auditor, Office of the Inspector General (2005-2011): Assessed department policies and procedures to determine compliance with the Negotiated Settlement Agreement; conducted audits and prepared comprehensive reports.
· Analyst (2011-2012): Supervised staff in Oakland Police Department’s Personnel Assessment System Unit; conducted complex analyses of department’s early identification and intervention program.
· Fire Personnel Operations Specialist, Oakland Fire Dept. (2012-2016): Managed department’s recruitment and selection process; provided consultation to supervisory staff regarding disciplinary procedures; conducted and coordinated department’s administrative personnel investigations.
Ms. Wiseman holds a BA in Business Administration and an MPA (Master of Public Administration) from Cal State Hayward (now Cal State East Bay).